From January 2017 the cost of school meal is
£1.65 per day or £8.25 per week
IS YOUR CHILD ENTITLED TO A FREE SCHOOL MEAL?
If your child attends our nursery or school, full time, you may be able to claim Free School Meals
Can I apply for free school meals?
You can apply for school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school not Bradford Council)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
The way to apply is to
To ring/ call into school, our Learning Mentors Riffat Rabab & Nichola Simpson will be able to tell you if you qualify.
School meals are free for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 – why do I still need to apply?
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 get free school meals, but if you receive one of the benefits from the list above you may also get help with:
- the cost of residential school trips (speak to your school about this)
- travel Costs to school
- school uniform costs (speak to your school about this)
- council run music lessons at school
For each child registered for free school meals, schools receive a pupil premium monetary amount. This money is to help your child achieve their best at school.